Our Lady of the Lake College, established by the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady, is an interactive community dedicated to personal, academic and professional excellence. This is best accomplished within an environment of mutual respect and civility, self-restraint, concern for others and academic integrity. By choosing to join this community, I accept the obligation to live by these common values and commit myself to the following principles.
As a member of the Our Lady of the Lake College community:
- I will commit myself to the pursuit of knowledge and understanding with personal integrity and academic honesty;
- I will respect the sanctity of the learning environment and avoid disruptive and deceitful behavior toward other members of the campus community;
- I will contribute to the development of a caring community where compassion for others and freedom of thought and expression are valued;
- I will support a culture of diversity by respecting the rights and dignity of those who differ from me;
- I will embrace the concept of a civil community, which respects the rights and property of others and abhors violence, theft and exploitation of others;
- I will honor, challenge and contribute to the tradition of excellence left by those who preceded me and work to leave this a better place for those who follow.
By endorsing these common principles, I accept a moral obligation to behave in ways that contribute to a civil campus environment and resolve to support this behavior in others. This commitment to civility is my promise to the Our Lady of the Lake College and its community of scholars.