Our Lady of the Lake College of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is an independent, private Catholic College founded by the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady. The College is a student-centered academic community guided by their Franciscan values, faithful to the commitment to the truth and common good found in Ex corde Ecclesiae and devoted to excellence in learning.
The College engages students in an educational experience that cultivates the spirit of scholarly inquiry, ongoing reflection, and a commitment to life-long learning and service. The College seeks to promote a learning environment informed by the concepts of collegiality, community, democracy, social justice, and the culture of life that encourages individual and collective responsibility. Committing to and accomplishing the institutional purpose and goals requires empowering students to exceed standards, expand their vision, and come to the full measure of their humanity.
- Incorporating the Franciscan values of service, reverence and love for all life, joyfulness of spirit, humility, and justice and the spirit of Ex corde Ecclesiae into all facets of the educational process and functions of the College.
- Providing programs of study that contribute to the authentic good of individuals and human society as a whole.
- Emphasizing academic excellence in a student-centered environment to enhance knowledge and inquiry in the pursuit of life-long learning.
- Cultivating a student-centered environment which promotes a holistic approach to student growth and development in the search of vocation or calling.
- Fostering an engaged community of civic-minded scholars that encourages a culture of social responsibility and service.
- Cultivating, among all campus constituents, a desire to understand, a capacity for tolerance, and an ability to embrace diversity while demonstrating ethical and moral behavior in all endeavors.
- Practicing good stewardship of College resources while minimizing the carbon footprint of the College.
- Expanding the scale and scope of programs and communities the College serves.