Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award doctorate, master’s, baccalaureate and associate degrees. Located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University is a small, Catholic, not-for-profit institution with a healthcare emphasis. The University offers degrees in nursing, health sciences, humanities, behavioral sciences and natural sciences. A wholly-owned subsidiary of the Our Lady of the Lake Hospital, Inc., the University is sponsored by the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady and is faithful to its mission grounded in Franciscan values. The University is a student-centered academic community committed to the pursuit of truth and common good and devoted to excellence in teaching and learning.
- Build and sustain a culture of academic excellence.
- Develop a fully integrated Franciscan and Catholic university identity and student experience of faith development, spiritual growth, moral analysis, and human formation.
- Recruit, retain and graduate highly competent servant leaders formed in the catholic, Franciscan tradition.
- Recruit, mentor, and retain highly qualified, versatile and engaged faculty, staff, administration and trustees who are committed to the University's distinct mission.
- Move toward a unified physical campus.
- Link learning and service with Catholic and Franciscan teachings and tradition throughout the communities the University serves.
- Enhance and support population health initiatives in collaboration with the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System.
- Establish a culture of philanthropy to help ensure sustainability.
- Establish a culture of investment, stewardship, fiscal accountability, and appropriate operational autonomy to ensure the financial and operational sustainability of the University.
- Establish a market identity as a Catholic and Franciscan University dedicated to educating and forming servant leaders.