Fall- November 1st
Applicants should fulfill the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Current, unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse (RN)
- Graduate of a NLNAC or CCNE accredited school of nursing at the RN level
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 1-year at full-time (2 years preferred) recent experience as a RN in an adult critical care setting; adult intensive care unit preferred
- Academic preparedness for advanced sciences and clinical skills
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) within last 5 years prior to applying for the program; official copy must be submitted;
- Completion of application requirements as stated in the graduate application instructions
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Application completed by advertised deadline
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- CCRN certification required for reapplication.
Students accepted to the MSNA Program must be licensed as a registered nurse in Louisiana.