An applicant must complete 31-32 hours of required pre-nursing courses prior to enrollment in the BSN program. Of the 31-32 hours of required prerequisites, the following 16-17 hours must be completed prior to application with a grade of C or better and appear on the transcript.
- ACSM 1110: Introduction to College Education (1 credit hour)
- WRIT 1310: College Writing I (3 credit hours)
- MATH 1315: College Algebra (3 credit hours)
- CHEM 1310: Chemical Fundamentals (3 credit hours)
- BIOL 2310: Human Anatomy & Physiology I (3 credit hours)
- BIOL 2310L: Human Anatomy & Physiology (1 credit hour)
- PSYC 1310: Introductory Psychology (3 credit hours)
Additionally, it is recommended that all applicants to the traditional BSN program meet the following minimum admission requirements:
- Be accepted for full admission to OLOL College.
- Be in good academic standing at OLOL College.
- Have completed 9 credit hours at OLOL College.
- Have completed with a grade of C or better or have in progress the following pre-requisite courses: WRIT 1311, BIOL 2311, BIOL 2311L BIOL 2325, BIOL 2325L, PSYC 2330, NURS 1730*.
- Have earned a grade point average of 2.75 or higher on non-nursing courses in the BSN curriculum.
- Have earned a grade of C or better in the non-nursing courses in the BSN curriculum.
- Be in good academic standing from any previously admitted nursing programs(s). A letter of good standing should be submitted in support of the application and mailed to the Office of Admissions at the time of application.
- Have completed the HESI Admission Assessment with a score of 75% or higher. The time limit for the HESI Admission Assessment is five years.
* Please note: These pre-requisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better prior to beginning the first semester of the nursing curriculum.
Final program acceptance is contingent on approval from the Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN).