Please note: January 15, 2018 applicants must take the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) and achieve a cumulative score of 75% or higher. The HESI A2 must include all modules (Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology. Learning Styles, and Personality Profile) and must have been taken within the last five years.
An applicant must complete 44 hours of required pre-nursing courses. Of the 44 hours of required pre-nursing courses, the following 31 hours must be completed with a grade of C or better prior to application and must appear on the transcript.
Admission to the BSN program is a competitive selection process. Applicants to the BSN program must meet the following minimum admission criteria. Meeting minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission to the BSN program.
1. Be in good academic standing at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University.
2. Complete the following pre-requisite courses with a grade of C or better prior to applying to the clinical nursing program and must appear on the transcript ( a grade of B or better in BIOL 2310 and BIOL 2311 is preferred).
3. Have completed with a grade of C or better or have in progress the following pre-nursing courses**:
BIOL 2320, MATH 2315, PSYC 2330, NURS 2410, and Ethics elective (PHIL 2320 or RELS 3345).
4. Have earned a grade point average of 2.75 or higher on pre-nursing courses in the BSN curriculum.
5. Have achieved the category of proficient or higher on the TEAS Admission Assessment. The TEAS must include all content (Reading, Math, Science, English and Language usage) and must have been taken within the last (5) years.
6. Additional factors may influence acceptance into the BSN program. The committee may require an interview and/or proctored completion of a written statement.
* It is recommended that students complete 9 credit hours at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lake University.
** Please note: These prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better prior to beginning the first semester of the nursing curriculum.
Final program acceptance is contingent on approval from the Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN).
The WIN Option (Walk into Nursing)
Students who exclusively take all prerequisite courses toward the BSN degree at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, who have a grade point average of 3.0 on all prerequisite coursework, and who meet the minimum admissions requirements are guaranteed admission to the BSN Program.
Criteria for transfer from an accredited nursing program:
Students requesting transfer into the BSN program from an accredited nursing program must:
Process for transfer from an accredited nursing program
Student transferring into the pre-licensure BSN program must:
Following the meeting with the applicant, Nursing Administration will review the applicant’s request and make a recommendation to the Admission and Progression Committee regarding eligibility and transfer of courses. The Admission and Progression Committee will make the final decision regarding admission to the program and transfer of nursing courses.