Applicants for admission to the program must initially meet the admission criteria for entrance to the College. Admission to the program is a selective process and applications are holistically evaluated using a broad range of considerations including the applicant’s record of academic success, understanding of the profession, and contribution to the College and program’s unique and diverse learning environment. Applicants are encouraged to review the College admission guidelines established for evaluation of applications for selective admission programs outlined in the Catalog.
Applicants’ likelihood of admission increases based on the following:
- GPA Requirements:
NOTE: Applicants are must complete all arts and sciences core courses listed in the Pre-RADT curriculum prior to the admissions decision deadline
- Minimum grade of "C" in high school algebra, biology, chemistry, and physics (or college equivalents)
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative high school GPA
- Minimum of 2.75 cumulative average in core courses
- Minimum of 2.75 average in Science core courses
- The Radiologic Technology Program gives preference to applicants who have completed pre-requisite courses at Our Lady of the Lake College.
- Minimum ACT score of 20
- Documented completion of 50 volunteer service hours in the radiology department of a hospital and/or work experience in a radiology department of a hospital, clinic or imaging center (form provided in application packet);
- Capability to contribute to a diverse learning community and perseverance in overcoming challenges to achieve goals
- Completion of a short written narrative or interview (decided by Admissions Committee)
- Minimum age of 18 at time of enrollment
- Admitted students are required to participate in certain clinical rotations that occur in the evenings.
- Core Performance Standards for Admission and Progression