Application Deadline: March 15th for class beginning in August
To be considered for admission to the Radiologic Technology Program, all applicants must complete the application process by March 15th and meet the minimum admissions criteria listed below. Admission to the program is a selective process and meeting the minimum requirements does not ensure admission to the program. Applicants who are not selected must re-apply the following year.
- Meet all College admission criteria at the time of application
- Minimum grade of C in all pre-requisite courses included in the Rad Tech Curriculum Plan:
- ACSM 1110 Introduction to College Education - 1 credit hour
- MATH 1315 College Algebra - 3 credit hours
- BIOL 1110 Introduction to Medical Terminology - 1 credit hour
- BIOL 2310 Human Anatomy & Physiology I - 3 credit hours; May have pre or co requisite course required for this class if taken at OLOL College. Refer to College Catalog for course requirements
- BIOL 2311 Human Anatomy & Physiology II - 3 credit hours
- WRIT 1310 College Writing I - 3 credit hours
- WRIT 1311 College Writing II - 3 credit hours
- PSYC 1310 Introductory Psychology - 3 credit hours
- RELS 1310 Introduction to Theology - 3 credit hours
- PHSC 1310 Physical Science - 3 credit hours
- All pre-requisite courses must be completed or enrolled in by the application deadline of March 15th. An applicant may still apply in March with one course remaining in the Summer semester preceding the clinical phase.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 for all Rad Tech pre-requisite courses
- Minimum composite ACT score of 20
- Minimum age of 18 at time of enrollment
- Documented completion of 50 volunteer service hours in the Radiology department of a hospital and/or work experience in a Radiology department of a hospital, clinic or imaging center. Click here for instructions, list of procedures, and an evaluation that should be turned in with your verification of volunteer hours. Students are encouraged to start their volunteer service as soon as possible, because the process to begin can be lengthy.
- Preference is given to applicants who have completed pre-requisite courses at Our Lady of the Lake College
- 3 letters of reference. Click here for recommendation form.
- Complete the online clinical application which includes a short narrative as to why you have chosen this career and program
Applicants should be aware that admitted students are required to participate in certain clinical rotations that occur in the evenings.
The following documentation is due by March 15th to the Admissions Office:
- Online clinical application with short narrative
- Documented 50 volunteer hours, procedures list, and evaluation
- 3 letters of reference
- ACT scores
- Completion or enrollment in Rad Tech pre-requisite courses
Completed applications will be reviewed during the month of May. The selection committee may request an interview before final decisions are made. Applicants will be notified of their program admission status by mid-June. Accepted candidates will attend a mandatory Pre-Enrollment session in June and classes will begin in August.