Applicants for the Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN-FNP) program must complete an application and submit accompanying documents. Applications and accompanying documents are due by September 15th for the January class. Enrollment is limited and selection is competitive.
Applicants should fulfill the following criteria and submit required documentation by September 15th to be considered for January admission:
1. Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in any state with eligibility for licensure in
Louisiana at the time of application and enrollment
2. Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited CCNE or ACEN undergraduate nursing institution
3. Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better in undergraduate coursework
4. GRE within the last five (5) years; official copy must be submitted
5. A recommended minimum of 1-year full time experience as a RN.
6. Academic preparedness for advanced sciences and advanced clinical skills.
7. Current BLS certification; official copy must be submitted
8. Three (3) professional letters of recommendation (One from current immediate supervisor)
9. One-page professional goal statement for a Family Nurse Practitioner
10. All undergraduate or graduate transcripts.
11. Meet and comply with the MSN-FNP Core Performance Standards.
12. Current immunizations; official copy must be submitted
Students who meet the above admission requirements will be invited to an interview.