Each year new and better activities and programs are established at the College to encourage active student development and growth in leadership groups. Specific questions about any of the activities and/or organizations listed below can be addressed by calling the Office of Student Services at 225-490-1620.
- The Student Government Association allows Our Lady of the Lake College students to participate in a setting that provides valuable experience in dealing with decision-making processes and leadership activities. The SGA Officers and Senators learn first-hand the workings of the democratic process in drafting by-laws, accepting or denying proposals, and setting up elections on campus via Blackboard.
- The Student Organizations housed under the Student Government Association provide co-curricular activities, participation in local, state and national conferences, and various leadership development opportunities. The Student Organizations’ makeup and composition are more extensively described in the catalog section entitled Student Organizations.
- The Student Ambassadors participate in leadership development advancement activities in the outside community and participate in educational recruitment sessions and outreach activities for potential student involvement.
- The online newsletter, The Latest at the Lake, is housed under Student Services, and students are encouraged to become a part of this activity if they like to write and/or involved with photography.
- The Peer Tutoring Lab is housed under Student Services. The Peer Tutoring Lab is a free service available to every undergraduate student enrolled in the College – to assist with difficult homework problems, assignment, and projects.
- The Service-Learning/Civic Engagement/Volunteer Program is housed under Student Services. This program allows students to become actively involved in co-curricular experiences.
- Leadership Development Office is housed under Student Services. Various programs and events are planned throughout the academic year for students.
- Coalition team membership is available to any current student who is interested in either LaHEC (Louisiana Higher Education Coalition to Reduce Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs) and TFL (Tobacco-Free Living).