Student Ambassador Leadership Program
Students Ambassadors serve as the official ambassadors at formal College functions. The number of Student Ambassadors is set at 20, with each receiving a scholarship of $300 per semester. Selection to Student Ambassadors is one of the highest honors a student can receive at Our Lady of the Lake College. Membership in this prestigious group reflects dedication to serving, leadership, and academic excellence.
Student Ambassadors adhere to Our Lady of the Lake College Core Values of the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady:
- Service: The privilege of reaching out to meet the needs of others.
- Reverence and Love for All Life: Acknowledging that all of life is a gift from God.
- Joyfulness of Spirit: An awareness of being blessed by God in all things.
- Humility: Being authentic in serving as an instrument of God.
- Justice: Striving for equity and fairness in relationships, with special concern for those most in need.
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student.
- Currently have (and maintain throughout tenure) a minimum Overall GPA of 3.0.
- Completed one or more semesters at Our Lady of the Lake College.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the college.
- Available to serve as a Student Ambassador member for at least two consecutive semesters.
- Students who are enrolled in a clinical program cannot serve as a Student Ambassador member.
- Must be knowledgeable of College services and resources.
- Able to coordinate all work commitments and Student Ambassador responsibilities.
Description of Duties
Members of Student Ambassadors serve as official hosts for a number of campus events such as Quarterly College Mass, Lectures, College Job Fairs, Recruiting, Graduation Ceremonies and Banquets. Student Ambassador rResponsibilities vary throughout the academic year. Student Ambassador Meetings are held monthly. Ambassadors serve a total of 30 hours per semester. Your presence at each function will be verified.
Upon review of all application materials, top candidates will be invited to interview for available positions. Interviews occur one time per year during the months of June, July, and August.
Student Ambassador Applications are due by July 31!
How to Apply: Submit the following:
The completed application form. Attach a separate sheet for questions answered from the application
- The completed application form. Attach a separate sheet for questions answered from the application
- A copy of your current class schedule
- A letter of recommendation from an instructor who has taught you
- An unofficial copy of your transcript
- A Co-Curricular Transcript:
- All involvement in student activities
- Leadership positions you hold or have held
- Honors received
- Participation in other college-related organizations or activities
- Off-campus volunteer involvement